1. ---- My sister Wendy _________ Lily and took first place at tennis.
A. won B. beat C. hit
2. ---- Sally, which dress do you like best?
---- Oh, I've tried several ones on, but ______ them fits me well.
A. both B. either C. neither D. none
3. ---- What do you think is very successful in China?
---- Singer! In China, many great singers become famous in the programme.
A. talk show B. talent show C. game show
4. ---- We are all here _______ Lily. Where is she?
---- She's gone to the library.
A. beside B. besides C. except D./
5. A(n) ________ is a success in a struggle, war or competition.
A. prison B. advantage C. victory
6. We have been good friends for many years. We often ______ each other.
A. keep for touch with B. kept in touch with C. keep in touch with D. keep to touch with
7. In the past, I _______ play Arena of Valor on my phone, but now the phone _____ help me do my homework.
A. used to; used to B. used to; is used to C. was used to; used to C. was used; is used to
8. ---- I cooked the fish. What do you think of it?
---- I haven't had it yet. However, it _____ delicious.
A. tastes B. smells C. is tasted D. is smelt
9. ---- Ma Long won the men's singles final match at the 2017 World Table Tennis Championships.
---- ________ exciting news it is!
A. What B. What a C. What an D. How
10. ---- Does anyone know ______ the famous scientist was born?
---- I know! In New York.
A. when B. why C. whether D. where
11. ---- Alice, could you tell me when your sister _____ from Harbin?
---- I'm not sure. I will call you when she _______.
A. will come back; will return B. come back; will return C. will come back; returns
12. ---- What are you reading?
----- A book about a basketball player. This guy was well _____ for his devotion to charity work.
A. enjoyed B. respected C. behaved D. expected.
13. ---- Do you prefer _______basketball with me?
---- No, I'd rather _______ at home and watch TV.
A. play; stay B. to play; to stay C. play; to stay D. to play; stay
14. Dear children, this is _______ unusual exam. ______ exam is very important to you.
A. an; The B. a; The C. an; An
15. ---- Our team lost the basketball game and I feel very sad.
---- _____. I believe you can do better next time.
A. It's right B. It's exciting C. It's not a good idea D. It's not a big deal
Bike-sharing is a new choice for short journeys in cities. It is good for the ___16___ development of the big cities.
A ___17____ by a company found that shared bikes started the nation's ___18___ for bikes again. Now more and more Chinese people are __19___ bikes instead of cars to make short journeys in cities.
An engineer of that company says that since the __20____ of shared bikes, people have made fewer trips by car. The love for shared bike is not only among ___21__ people, who were born in 1980s and 1990s, but also among people over sixty.
At weekend, the number of the riders in Shenzhen reaches __22___ of all cities. On weekdays, the number of people who use shared bikes to travel to work is ___23__ in Shanghai.
It is said that bike-sharing will help __24___ the cities' environment. It not only helps solve the traffic problems, but also will help to make more use of ___25__ in cities. Take Beijing as an example, if more people choose shared bikes, an area of five Bird's Nest stadiums will be saved.
16. A. slow B. healthy C. harmful D. sudden
17. A. rule B. plan C. report D. suggestion
18. A. search B. worry C. preparation D. love
19. A. choosing B. pushing C. repairing D. locking
20. A. end B. start C. control D. fall
21. A. strong B. weak C. old D. young
22. A. top B. side C. corner D. line
23. A. coming over B. putting off C. going up D. giving away
24. A. discover B. separate C. experience D. improve
25. A. air B. time C. space D. money
It is no longer as easy as it once was to choose what to eat. Our eating habits have changed, so has our way of life, and what we need for our bodies is also different. Traditional diets often have too much fat. So we had better learn to make the right choices about what and how we eat.
When we choose what to buy and eat, we had better think whether the food will give us the nutrients we need. Some nutrients help build our bodies and make them stronger. We eat fish, meat and beans because the nutrient in them is good for our muscles. We choose eggs, milk and other dairy products（奶制品）, which are good for our bones and teeth. We eat bread, rice and noodles to get carbohydrates（糖类） from them. We choose vegetables and fruits to get Vitamins, fiber and minerals.
But the choices we make are not just about nutrition（营养）. Many people today choose what to eat according to their beliefs. Some people become vegetarians（素食者） because they believe it is healthier not to eat meat or they think we should not kill animals for food.
1. It is not so easy to choose what to eat nowadays because _____
A. our eating habits have changed
B. our bodies are different
C. our way of life has changed
D. Both A and C
2. If you want to keep your bones strong and healthy, you had better choose _____ to eat.
A. fish and meat
B. meat and beans
C. eggs and milk
D. vegetables and fruits
3. What does nutrients mean?
A. 蛋白质 B. 营养物质 C. 脂肪 D. 钙
4. Some people don't eat meat because______.
A. they don't like animals
B. they believe animals should be protected
C. they don't like meat
D. they think meat is not safe
5. We can probably get this information from a guidebook _____.
A. for diets B. for medicines C. for travelling D. for cooking
Today there are 6.4 billion people on the earth. By the year 2050 there may be 12.5 billion. There are many people to feed. We need more and more food.
One way to produce more food is growing stronger plants. For thousands of years, farmers have made plants better. Every season, they pick the best plants for the next season. It works very slowly. Since 1983, scientists have been able to change plants more quickly by changing their genetic（遗传的） material. Foods from plants grown in this way are called genetically modified foods, or GM foods.
By changing the genetic material of a plant, it is possible to make new plants. Scientists make plants which are strong against plant diseases（疾病）. They can also help in our diseases; a kind of rice will be grown, for example, which stops people becoming blind.
Rich countries produce GM foods because they are easy to grow and bring in more money. Poor countries are interested in them because they help produce more food.
GM plants are not natural. No one knows how good or bad they are. Making GM foods i only one way of feeding people in 2050. There are strong feelings against them because they are unnatural. They may feed people, then hurt them or their children later. But both rich and poor countries are interested in their uses, and they are not going to go away. In 2050, we may think differently about them.
1. A. 6.4 B. 12.5 C. 18.5 D. 20.5
2. How have scientists been able to change plants more quickly?
A. By making the best plants.
B. By asking the farmers to grow plants.
C. By changing planting environment.
D. By changing their genetic material
3. Why do rich countries produce GM foods?
A. Because they are easy to grow and bring in more money.
B. Because they are easy to grow and very cheap
C. Because they help produce more food
D. Because they are the best plants.
4. Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?
A. GM plants are not natural
B. GM plants are strong against plant diseases.
C. Everyone knows how good or bad GM plants are.
D. GM foods may hurt people or their children later.
5. What can we learn from the passage?
A. GM foods will disappear one day in the future
B. GM food will not disappear in the future
C. People will not be interested in GM foods.
D. People will have to stop eating GM foods.
3. 词数：100 左右
参考词汇：抢红包 grabbing red packets