1. We should eat fresh fruits, vegetables, and other ___________ (health) foods.
2. This math problem isn’t so difficult that I can work it out ________ (easy).
3. Jeremy fell _________ (sleep) in class because he stayed up too late last night.
4. The yellow dress looks as _________ (good) as the red one.
5. She likes light music because it’s _________ (relax).
6. Please listen to the teacher __________ (careful) in class.
7. Bob is _________ (outgoing) than his sister.
8. Jim gets to school __________ (early) than his classmates.
9. Li Nan is the second _________ (tall) boy in his class.
10. Whose bag is __________ (heavy), yours or mine?
1. The car is too old. It isn’t w________ repairing.
2. The box is so h__________ that I can’t carry it.
3. I’m busy at the moment, but I’ll be f__________ this afternoon.
4. I’m feeling h___________ now. Where can I get something to eat?
5. You are b__________ enough to accept such a difficult job.
6. The Internet is becoming a u_________ tool for students.
7. You shouldn’t leave your son a_______ in the house.
8. Women teachers are usually more careful and more p____________ with the pupils.
9. He was s__________ ill, so he didn’t go to school yesterday.
10. L_________ for the villagers, the firemen put out the big fire in time.
1. I was __________ last night and became a(n) __________ man.(ill/sick).
2. ---- Who is _________ (older/elder), Jim or Jack?
3. I heard that Mike’s father wanted to send him to the US for ___________ (farther/further) education.
4. Although he lives ____________, he never feels __________. (alone/lonely)
5. It’s one of the most __________ books I’ve read. I really feel __________ with it. (bored/boring)
6. He works very hard. It’s not ______________ that he’s tired. You shouldn’t feel _________ at it. (surprised/surprising)
7. I’m very ___________ to see the ___________ film. (exciting/excited)
8. After the earthquake, we heard of a lot of ___________ stories, and all of us were deeply _________ .(moved/moving)
1. He is old enough to go to school. (改为否定句形式)
2. Li Feng is clever than any other student in his class. (改为最高级形式)
3. Sally is the youngest in her class. (改为比较级形式)
4. The boys read loudly. The girls read in a low voice. (合并为含比较级的完整句子)
5. Uncle Wang is so friendly a man that he always helps others. (改为同义句)
1. Lucy is 13 years old. Tom is 15 years old.
Tom is two years ________ _______ Lucy.
2. Jack prefers Chinese to the other subjects.
Jack _________ Chinese _________ _________ ____________ other subject.
3. I think football is more exciting than basketball.
I think basketball is ________ __________ _________ than basketball.
4. If the weather is warmer, I’ll feel better.
_________ ___________ the weather is, __________ _________ I will feel.
5. It was such a boring film that I fell asleep while I was seeing it.
It was _________ __________ _________ film that I fell asleep while I was seeing it.
1. Are you alone? I just want a _________ word with you.
A. single B. new C. private D. certain
2. ---- Could you tell me _______ you’ll go to Paris?
---- Next month.
A. why B. where C. when D. how
3. A journey by train is ________ than by coach.
A. more relaxing B. relaxing C. most relaxing D. the most relaxing
4. _________, we saw the sun rise on top of Mountain Tai.
A. Lucky B. Luckily C. Unlucky D. Unluckily
5. ---- You play the piano so well. _______ do you take piano lessons?
---- I go to piano lessons twice a week.
A. How long B. How many C. How often D. How much
6. According to a recent survey, _________ three fifths of working mothers in China don’t want to have a second child.
A. mostly B. especially C. partly D. nearly
7. Don’t hurry him. You will just have to be ________ and wait until he finishes the work.
A. active B. careful C. patient D.famous
8. ________ you speak, _________ your English will be.
A. The less, the more B. The more, the better C. The less, the better D. The more, the less
9. I think Mrs. Starker could be __________ between 50 and 60 years of age.
A. anywhere B. anybody C. anyhow D. anything
10. It’s reported that the United States consumes _________ energy as the whole of Africa.
A. as four times B. four times much C. four times much as D. four times as much
11. The final exam is very important. We must treat it ________.
A. serious B. seriously C. careless D. carelessly
12. ---- He won the badminton game again.
---- Yes. I think no one can do ________ than him.
A. well B. better C. best
13. ---- Why are you looking _______ in class all day?
---- Because I can’t finish my homework until eleven every night.
A. awake B. asleep C. sleeping D. sleepy
14. As a teacher. I love being with my students. You can’t imagine how much they _______ knowledge!
A. are thirsty for B. are famous for C. are good for
15. The old man often feels _________ because his children live far away.
A. alone B. lonely C. hungry D. sleepy
16. Qumolangma is about 8,844 meters high. It is ____________ mountain in the world.
A. highest B. the highest C. higher D. the higher
17. ---- What a clear blue sky it is!
---- Yes. I have never seen ______ sky.
A. a more beautiful B. a most beautiful C. the more beautiful D. the most beautiful
18. The population of China is _________ than that of the US.
A. larger B. more C. fewer D. smaller
19. Remember, everyone, __________ you work at English, _____________ result you’ll get.
A. The better, the harder B. The harder, the better C. The hard, the better D. The harder, the good
20. The bag of rice is _______ heavy for Jack to carry. Let’s go and help him.
A. quite B. too C. very D. so
21. I know this plan is far from perfect, but I really can’t think of _________one.
A. the better B. a better C. a best D. the best
22. It’s possible to get $100 a day in this company, and some days you can get ________.
A. much B. more C. little D. fewer
23. People who eat a balanced diet should be ___________ than those who only eat hamburgers.
A. clever B. cleverer C. healthy D. healthier
24. If there were no exams, we should have ________ at school.
A. the happiest time B. a more happier time C. much happiest time D. a much happier time
25. Lots of visitors come to Nanjing every year because she is _______ city.
A. so a beautiful B. very a beautiful C. such beautiful a D. quite a beautiful
26. They have got such a _______ table.
A. round wooden brown B. round brown wooden C. brown round wooden
27. We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen _______ we speak.
A. as twice much as B. twice as much as C. as much as twice D. as much twice as
28. ---- Why are you so tired these days?
---- Well, I have ______ work to do.
A. too much B. too many C. much too D. many too
29. ---- Have you ever been to Disneyland?
---- No, _________. I hope I can go there next year.
A. always B. sometimes C. never D. often
30. ---- I think maths is ________ English.
---- I agree with you.
A. much important than B. so important as C. as important as D. as more important as
31. The book is ________ for him to read.
A. easily enough B. easy enough C. enough easy D. enough easily
32. I’m his best friend. i know him well ---- probably ______ than anyone else.
A. less B. wider C. better D. deeper
33. There is _______ I want to tell you.
A. something important B. important something C. the something important
34. Through the window we can see nothing but ________ buildings.
A. tall very many B. very many tall C. very tall many D. many very tall
35. The boy doesn’t speak _______ his sister, but his written work is very good.
A. as well as B. so good as C. more better than D. more worse than
36. ---- _______ is it from your school to the bus stop?
A. How long B. How far C. How soon D. How much
37. ---- Did you love your day trip?
---- Yes, we enjoyed the roller coaster ______ of all.
A. most B. little C. more D. less
38. The _______ friends you have, the ______ you will be.
A. more, happy B. more, happier C. many, happy D. man, happier
39. In order to balance the study and entertainment, every student is supposed to plan the time _______.
A. simply B. carefully C. pleasantly D. nearly
40. Bob never does his homework ________ Mary. He makes lots of mistakes.
A. so careful as B. so carefully as C. carefully as D. as careful as
1. Mary’s mother bought a ______ coat for her yesterday.
A. big new blue silk B. new blue silk big C. new silk blue big D. new big blue silk
2. We love to go the country in spring as the flowers smell so ______.
A. nice B. well C. wonderfully D. nicely
3. ---- What do you think of the football match?
---- Wonderful. They have never played _______.
A. best B. better C. worse D. worst
4. They dived ______ into the forest and felt _________ frightened.
A. deeply, deep B. deeply, deeply C. deep, deep D. deep, deeply
5. It’s almost impossible for _________ few people to do ______ much work in ______ a short time.
A. so, so, so B. so, so, such C. such, such, such D. such, such, such
6. ---- I think winter is a beautiful season, ______ when it snows.
---- Me, too.
A. specially B. especially C. probably D. properly
7. I don’t have any close friends here. I feel ________ from time to time.
A. alone B. happy C. lonely D. proud
8. ---- What was the weather like yesterday?
---- It was terrible. It rained so ________ that people could _____ go out.
A. hardly, hard B. hardly, hardly C. hard, hardly D. hard, hard
9. The experiment was _______ easier than we had expected.
A. much B. much more C. more D.more much
10. ---- Steve is good at writing short stories.
---- So he is. But he writes _______ than us, so he can’t get good grades in writing.
A. most carefully B. more carefully C. least carefully D. less carefully
1. ---- _______ can you finish your homework?
---- In about an hour.
A. How long B. How soon C. How often D. How far
2. ---- Are you a fan of the science TV show Super Brain?
---- Yes, I’m always ______ by these people’s great brainpower.
A. tired B. amazed C. bored D. satisfied
3. Last night the big fire in Sunshine Shopping Mall was started by the children playing with matches. ______, no one was hurt.
A. Luckily B. Suddenly C. Easily D. Sadly
4. ---- I can’t stand swimming in cold rivers in winter.
---- But it’s _______ for your health. You know I often swim in rivers in different seasons.
A. helpful B. harmful C. painful D. careful
5. ---- Lily has two sisters, doesn’t she?
---- Yes. She’s taller and older than her two sisters, but she’s not _______ one of the three.
A. the tallest B. youngest C. shortest D. the cleverest
6. ---- I will try my best to win in the School Talent Show.
---- If so, all of us will be _______ you.
A. proud of B. careful with C. strict with D. worried about
7. I have ________ finished my homework. I finished in an hour ago.
A. yet B. already C. ever D. never
8. ---- Playing video games is a waste of time.
---- i can’t agree more. There are _______ meaningful things to do.
A. the most B. the least C. more D. less
9. ---- How is Susan?
---- Oh, I ______ see her because she lives abroad.
A. always B. often C. almost D. hardly
10. The Silk Road was _______ long that it passed through many countries.
A. quite B. too C. very D. so
11. With the development of modern industry, there will be _____ living space for wild animals.
A. fewer and fewer B. less and less C. more and more D. bigger and bigger
12. Emma looked after her pet dog ______ of all her friends.
A. careful B. most careful C. more carefully D. the most carefully
13. Audrey Hepburn, one of the greatest actresses, was ______ to take on challenges in her life.
A. enough brave B. brave enough C. stupid enough D. enough stupid
14. It’s every policeman’s dream to keep people ______ and the traffic in good order.
A. safe B. healthy C. busy D. famous
15. Mom, I’m very _______ for all your love.
A. thankful B. careful C. useful D. helpful
16. A person who is ________ does not tell lies or cheat people.
A. careless B. stupid C. honest D. humorous
17. I have got used to the life here, and I live as _______ as before.
A. happy B. happily C. more happily D. less happy
18. If my friends have any problems, my door is _____ open to them.
A. never B. seldom C. sometimes D. always
19. ---- Is your headache getting _______?
---- No, it’s worse.
A. better B. bad C. less D. well
20. Mr. Black used to be busy. But now he’s retired and _______, so he has plenty of time to exercise.
A. hard B. calm C. free D. nervous
21. After training for two months, we _______ won the first prize for the competition.
A. actually B. finally C. usually D. hardly
22. ---- It’s smoggy these days. That’s terrible!
---- Yes. I hope to plant trees. _______ trees, ________ air pollution.
A. The more, the fewer B. The less, the more C. The less, the fewer D. The more, the less
23. My grandfather is over 80, but he is still in good health and stay ________.
A. safe B. warm C. awake D. active
24. It is better to travel 10,000 miles