1. Mike __________ (help) his mother make dinner when his father got home from work.
2. She said the program _____________ (design) for some of the brighter teenagers to experience a different culture.
3. The writer and painter ____________ (come) to give us a speech tomorrow.
4. This story tells us a lesson ---- the early bird ____________ (catch) the worm.
5. This piece of music ______________ (sound) very beautiful.
6. Jason didn’t hear the ring, for he ____________ (water) the flowers in the back yard.
7. ---- Shall I tell Tom the good news?
---- No, you needn’t. I _________ (tell) him already.
8. He _________ (wake) up to find himself outside the house yesterday morning.
9. Driving after drinking wine ____________ (allow) in China.
10. I don’t know when Bob _________ (return), but when he ______ (return), I ________ (let) you know.
Yesterday the teacher told us the earth ________ _________ the Sun.
Paper _______ first ___________ about 2,000 years ago in China.
My elder brother _______ _________ ____________ the army for two years.
I found that many people __________ __________ on the beach when I arrived there.
There _______ ________ __________ ___________ a basketball match tomorrow afternoon.
Amy ________ _________ books. She _________ a storybook last night.
1. A middle school student invented a new robot last term. (改为被动语态)
A new robot ______ ________ by a middle school student last term.
2. I have been to Beijing before. (改为否定句)
I ______ _________ __________ to Beijing before.
3. He didn’t go to school yesterday because he was ill (就划线部分提问)
_________ ________ he go to school yesterday?
4. The book may be kept for two weeks. (就划线部分提问)
________ ________ __________ the book _______ _________?
5. My father came back the day before yesterday. (改为同义句)
My father __________ _________ __________ for two days.
1. What do parents often tell the children to do?
What _______ the children often ________ to do by their parents?
2. We saw her come into the classroom just now.
She ________ _________ ___________ ___________ into the classroom just now.
3. We can finish the work in two days.
The work _______ _________ __________ in two days.
4. He made me do that for him.
I ________ ________ _________ __________ that for him.
5. I have returned this book to the library.
This book _______ _________ _______ to the library.
6. Did they build a bridge here a year ago?
________ a bridge _______ here by them a year ago?
Tears went out of my eyes when I talked to my mum on the phone.
It was 7:30 in the evening. She _______ still ________ (work) in the fields. These are my parents. They are always working hard. My father works from seven in the morning to nine in the evening. And my mum is much busier than him because all the housework _________ (leave) to her. Besides, she also ________ (look) after the vineyard.
Every day she _________ (get) up early at 4:00 in the morning, and keeps on working till evening. One day I ________ (call) her at eight in the evening. She said, “I’ve just got home from the vineyard and __________ (not have) supper yet. I ___________ (wash) the clothes now.”
Although they are busy and tired, they will forget it as soon as I appear. For them, the happiest time is to be with me. Once my mum saw me ___________ (walk) towards home, she cried happily. Whenever I go back home, she always runs into the kitchen ____________ (cook) something delicious for me.
Dear mum and dad, I am your hope. I’ll take more exercise to keep healthy. I __________ (study) harder to be excellent at school.
Love, sometimes, doesn’t need many words. Love your parents as they love you. Give them a call and tell them you miss them.
1. It’s nice to see you again. We _____ each other since 2014.
A. won’t see B. don’t see C. haven’t seen D. didn’t see
2. Football ______ to our school subjects last year.
A. is added B. adds C. was added D. added
3. Don’t worry. Bill will help you look after your dog when you _______ away on business.
A. are B. were C. will be D. have been
4. I still remember my happy childhood when my mother ______ me to Disneyland at weekends.
A. takes B. took C. will take D. has taken
5. Tourists ________ because of their impolite behavior in our country from now on.
A. will punish B. will be punished C. are punishing
6. The story _________ on a snowy morning.
A. happened B. was happened C. happen D. is happened
7. The sports meeting ________ next week. Would you like to take part in it?
A. will hold B. is held C. will be held D. holds
8. Many city people ______ their bikes to work every day.
A. ride B. will ride C. rode D. have ridden
9. ---- My car _________. Could you please give me a ride tomorrow?
---- I’m sorry, I can’t. I’m _______ London tomorrow morning.
A. is new, leaving B. has broken down, leaving for
C. broke down, leaving for D. is expensive, leaving
10. Tom said he ________ the Great Wall the next Sunday.
A. will visit B. would visit C. visited D. was visiting
11. ---- Hello. May I speak to Alice?
---- Sorry. She ________ New York. She left home last night.
A. has been to B. went to C. has gone to D. goes to
12. ---- Where are the students?
---- Oh, they ________ football on the playground just now.
A. were seen play B. were seen to play C. have seen to play D. have seen play
13. ---- Nancy is not coming to the party tonight.
---- But she _______ me she’d love to.
A. tells B. told C. had told D. is telling
14. ---- What does your father often do in the evening?
---- He often ________ books. But on the evening of December 24 he ______ chess with my grandfather.
A. reads, plays B. is reading, played C. reads, played D. is reading, plays
15. ---- Hello, Sandy. This is Jack. What are you doing?
---- I’m watching a match. It started at 7 p.m. and ________ on for another half an hour.
A. has been B. was C. had been D. will be
16. ---- Why didn’t you go to the movies yesterday?
---- Because I ________ it before.
A. saw B. have seen C. am seeing D. had seen
17. In summer, the flowers must ______ four times a week.
A. water B. be watering C. be watered D. be water
18. ---- I hear Sam has gone to Qingdao for his holiday.
---- Oh, how nice! Do you know when he ______?
A. left B. was leaving C. has left D. had left
19. ---- Tomorrow _______ my birthday. I’d like you and Jane to come to my house for my birthday party.
---- I’m not sure if she ______ free.
A. will be, is B. is going, is C. is, is D. is, will be
20. It ________ three years since I came to this school. I’ll graduate next month.
A. was B. is going to be C. had been D. is
21. ---- Doctor, it seems that you like to work with animals.
---- Yes, I think animals should _______ as our friends.
A. regard B. be regarded C. be regarding D. are regarded
22. ---- Can you sing this English song?
---- Of course, I can. It _____ many times on the radio.
A. taught B. has taught C. is taught D. has been taught
23. ---- Can you answer the door, Jim? I ______ the dishes.
---- I’m coming, Dad.
A. do B. did C. have done D. am doing
24. ---- Let’s discuss the plan, shall we?
---- Not now. I ________ to have an interview.
A. go B. went C. am going D. was going
25. Don’t discuss the problem with your partner unless you _______ to do so.
A. ask B. are asked C. will ask D. will be asked
1. ---- You have found your lost umbrella, haven’t you?
---- Yes. I _______ it behind the door this afternoon.
A. have found B. will find C. found D. find
2. Edward, you play so well. But I ______ you played the piano.
A. didn’t know B. hadn’t known C. don’t know D. haven’t known
3. Li Ming will give us a call as soon as he ______ in Sichuan.
A. is arriving B. will arrive C. arrived D. arrives
4. Keep practising and you _______ your English.
A. improve B. will improve C. improved D. were improving
5. The children ______ a PE class on the playground when it suddenly began to rain.
A. have B. are having C. had D. were having
6. ---- I want to know if you ______ hiking with us tomorrow.
---- If it _______ rain tomorrow, I will.
A. will go, will not B. will go, doesn’t C. go , will not D. go, doesn't
7. By the time he was 4, he ______ a lot of German words.
A. had learned B. has learned C. learned D. learns
8. These years more and more flowers ________ in our school yard.
A. are planted B. have been planting C. have been planted D. planted
9. I ______ with my grandparents because my parents have gone abroad for a holiday.
A. stayed B. am staying C. have stayed D. stay
10. ---- Are you going to help John with his Chinese this evening?
---- No. He ______ to England. He will be back next month.
A. returned B. has returned C. returns D. will return
1. I don’t feel very well, Jack. I’m afraid you ____ me your cold.
A. give B. had given C. have given D. would give
2. This medicine ________ millions of people’s lives since it was put into use.
A. is saving B. will save C. has saved D. had saved
3. ---- What a nice watch! How long ______ you ______ it?
A. will, buy B. have, had C. were, having D. did, buy
4. ---- Tom is always careless with his schoolwork. Could you help him?
---- No problem! I think he _____ to think twice before starting.
A. should be told B. can tell C. should tell D. can be telling
5. ---- Aunt Li, who is the pretty girl in red in the picture?
---- It’s my daughter. The picture _____ 10 years ago.
A. took B. is taken C. has taken D. was taken
6. It’s reported that Jiangsu Grand Theatre _______ in September this year.
A. completes B. is completed C. will complete D. will be completed
7. My mind wasn’t on what he was saying, so I’m afraid I ________ half of it.
A. missed B. was missing C. will miss D. would miss
8. William Shakespeare ________ for 400 years, but his works still have great influence today.
A. died B. was dying C. has died D. has been dead
9. Look, some boys ______ kites in the park.
A. fly B. are flying C. flew
10. You will see many aunts dancing together on the square if it ______ in the evening.
A. doesn’t rain B. rains C. will rain D. won’t rain
11. In the past few years, great changes _________ in Lianyungang.
A. take place B. took place C. have taken place D. have been taken place
12. ---- What age did you leave home?
---- I left home at 18, Neil. I ______ your city for five years.
A. have gone to B. have been to C. have been in D. have come to
13. Chengdu is a greener city now because more and more trees ________ every spring.
A. were planted B. are planted C. will be planted
14. ---- Helen, when did you move here?
---- I _______ here since two years ago.
A. moved B. lived C. have moved D. have lived
15. Helen encouraged me to speak English as much as possible because practice ______ perfect.
A. becomes B. became C. will make D. makes
16. ---- Did you watch the football match on TV last night?
---- I wanted to, but my mother ______ her favorite TV programme.
A. watches B. watched C. was watching D. had watched
17. Do you think ______ a meeting tomorrow afternoon?
A. is there B. there is C. there was D. there is going to be
18. ---- Mum, where is Dad?
---- He ________ flowers in the garden now.
A. planted B. plants C. will plant D. is planting
19. Whenever a person _______ difficulties, he ______ two choices. One is to give up, the other is to face them bravely and try to overcome them.
A. meets, had B. meets, will have C. will meet, has
20. If we _______ take environmental problems seriously, the earth ______ worse and worse.
A. don’t, will be B. won’t, isn’t C. won’t, is D. don’t won’t be
21. My husband always ______ me flowers every week before we got married, but now he never _____.
A. sends, does B. sent, does C. was going to send, do D. sent, do
22. Look, so many people are running out of the station. I wonder what ______.
A. is happened B. was happening C. is happening D. had happened
23. Every day, too much water ______ in our school. We should save it.
A. is wasted B. wastes C. was wasted D. wasted
24. Look at our new school. It ______ last year.
A. built B. was built C. is built D. will be built
25. Robots ________ more heavy work for us in the future.
A. will do B. did C. have done D. were doing
26. ---- Are yo going anywhere?
---- I ______ about visiting my sister, but I have changed my mind.
A. think B. have thought C. will think D. thought
27. ---- Are you surprised at the ending of the movie?
---- No, because I ______ the story.
A. read B. will read C. have read D. was reading
28. ---- Tina, breakfast is ready. Dad cooked it for us.
---- It can’t have been Father. He ______ early on Sundays.
A. always gets up B. often got up C. had got up D. never gets up
29. Sally took a photo of her friends while they _______ computer games.
A. play B. are playing C. have played D. were playing
30. This pair of shoes _____ hand, and it ________ very comfortable.
A. is made with, is felt B. are made from, is felt C. are made of , feels D. is made by, feels
31. ---- Frank, you look worried. Anything wrong?
---- Well, I _______ a test and I’m waiting for the result.
A. will take B. took C. am taking D. take
32. Julie’s father _______ to London last month. He ______ there three times.
A. went; had gone B. has gone; has been C. went; has been D. has been; had gone
33. Today’s young people can’t live without smart phones. They keep their hands on the phones wherever they go, even while they _____ meals.
A. had B. will have C. are having D. were having
34. ---- Excuse me, sir, smoking ______ in the gas station.
A. doesn’t allow B. isn’t allowed C. aren’t allowed
35. ---- What a pity! You missed the beginning of the movie; it ____ for 10 minutes.
A. began B. started C. has been on D. has been off
36. ---- You are ______ on the phone, Mary.
---- Yes, Mum. _______.
A. wanted, I’m coming B. called, I’m coming C. needed, I’ll come
37. I hope Tim can come to my birthday party. Then we ______ a much happier time.
A. have B. had C. will have D. have had
38. ---- When will your aunt leave for Shanghai?
---- I don’t know, but I’ll call you as soon as she ______.
A. leaves B. will leave C. left
39. ---- When _______ the teaching buildings ________ in your school?
---- In 2001.
A. was, built B. are, builded C. were, built
40. ---- I’m afraid the class has begun.
---- Don’t worry. It ________ until the bell ______.
A. doesn’t begin, rings B. won’t begin, will ring C. won’t begin, rings D. doesn’t begin, will ring